Acoustic Supplies

tel: 01204 548400

JCW Acoustic Supplies Noise Reduction Noisy Neighbours Soundproofing Wall Soundproofing

Band Practice Best Done After Soundproofing

Soundproof for band practice

When you purchase a musical instrument and are looking to learn how to play it, one of the most difficult things is trying to find a suitable location.

Many musicians prefer to self-teach rather than take up lessons and if it is an instrument best performed alone, it is likely that you will want to play it in your home. If this is the case, then have you considered your neighbours?

Soundproofing your location

Before you start using any type of musical instrument you should first warn any nearby homes of any potential disruption, something they are sure to appreciate. But in addition to that, you should also look at soundproofing whichever room it is you intend on practising within.

Sound insulation methods

Sound insulation measures will ensure that as little of the noise created by the instrument will leave the room and impact upon others. Instead it will stay trapped within the room, but it must be noted that not all of the noise can be eliminated so make sure you practice at sensible times during the day. Practicing at 2am in the morning is definitely not recommended!

There are several areas in your room of choice that you can soundproof so do your best to identify the places where you think sound could leak through before undertaking such an important project.

Floor Soundproofing

Acoustic flooring will do its best to ensure that noise generated does not reverberate through the floor which is particularly relevant to those who are thinking about playing their guitar, drums or piano in a flat or apartment.

Once you have applied the correct soundproof solutions to your intended practice area, you can then play away without fear of noise getting out of hand as soundproof products will continue to prevent excess noise for long periods.

You really can become an expert musician without annoying those around you.